Updated Sep 3, 2013 - 4:14 pm
Martin Prado's amazing August, by the numbers
And they weren't all singles.
The Diamondbacks' offseason acquisition raked throughout the month of August in what would be the best offensive calendar month of his career.
Here's the spectacular 31 days, by the numbers.
Prado's batting average in the month, the third-best among National League hitters with at least 100 at-bats in August.
The amount of runs batted in Prado accrued, four more than games he played in during the month. The mark led NL hitters, coming one shy of the American League's Miguel Cabrera and Alfonso Soriano.
Prado's on-base-plus-slugging percentage in the month. Broken down, he had a .425 on-base percentage and a .565 slugging percentage in August.
Prado had 14 more August RBI than Justin Upton, who he was traded for during the offseason. Prado also had 14 extra-base hits in the month.
The number of National Leaguers who created more runs than Prado in August, as calculated by FanGraphs' weighted runs created metric. Only the San Diego Padres' Will Venable managed more.
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks are no easy fix, but who should get the chance?
- Debut in the books, Mike Bolsinger prepares for first start
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.