Updated Sep 3, 2013 - 4:14 pm
Martin Prado's amazing August, by the numbers
And they weren't all singles.
The Diamondbacks' offseason acquisition raked throughout the month of August in what would be the best offensive calendar month of his career.
Here's the spectacular 31 days, by the numbers.
Prado's batting average in the month, the third-best among National League hitters with at least 100 at-bats in August.
The amount of runs batted in Prado accrued, four more than games he played in during the month. The mark led NL hitters, coming one shy of the American League's Miguel Cabrera and Alfonso Soriano.
Prado's on-base-plus-slugging percentage in the month. Broken down, he had a .425 on-base percentage and a .565 slugging percentage in August.
Prado had 14 more August RBI than Justin Upton, who he was traded for during the offseason. Prado also had 14 extra-base hits in the month.
The number of National Leaguers who created more runs than Prado in August, as calculated by FanGraphs' weighted runs created metric. Only the San Diego Padres' Will Venable managed more.
- Kurkjian: Trumbo ‘absolutely' worth a shot for D-backs
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.