Updated Sep 3, 2013 - 4:14 pm
Martin Prado's amazing August, by the numbers
And they weren't all singles.
The Diamondbacks' offseason acquisition raked throughout the month of August in what would be the best offensive calendar month of his career.
Here's the spectacular 31 days, by the numbers.
Prado's batting average in the month, the third-best among National League hitters with at least 100 at-bats in August.
The amount of runs batted in Prado accrued, four more than games he played in during the month. The mark led NL hitters, coming one shy of the American League's Miguel Cabrera and Alfonso Soriano.
Prado's on-base-plus-slugging percentage in the month. Broken down, he had a .425 on-base percentage and a .565 slugging percentage in August.
Prado had 14 more August RBI than Justin Upton, who he was traded for during the offseason. Prado also had 14 extra-base hits in the month.
The number of National Leaguers who created more runs than Prado in August, as calculated by FanGraphs' weighted runs created metric. Only the San Diego Padres' Will Venable managed more.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.