D-backs acquire RHP Matt Langwell from Indians for Jason Kubel
Sunday, the player was named when the Diamondbacks acquired right-handed pitcher Matt Langwell.
An 11th round pick in the 2008 First-Year Player Draft, Langwell has gone 3-4 with a pair of saves in 42 relief appearances with Triple-A Columbus this season. The 27-year-old also had a stint with the Indians, tallying six strikeouts in 5.1 innings pitched while allowing three earned runs, good for a 5.06 ERA at the major league level.
Langwell has a 2.92 ERA in 234 minor league relief appearances, spread over six seasons, all with the Indians organization.
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 9When is it time to make changes?