D-backs acquire RHP Matt Langwell from Indians for Jason Kubel
Sunday, the player was named when the Diamondbacks acquired right-handed pitcher Matt Langwell.
An 11th round pick in the 2008 First-Year Player Draft, Langwell has gone 3-4 with a pair of saves in 42 relief appearances with Triple-A Columbus this season. The 27-year-old also had a stint with the Indians, tallying six strikeouts in 5.1 innings pitched while allowing three earned runs, good for a 5.06 ERA at the major league level.
Langwell has a 2.92 ERA in 234 minor league relief appearances, spread over six seasons, all with the Indians organization.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.