Updated Aug 30, 2013 - 11:58 am
Arizona Diamondbacks trade Jason Kubel to Cleveland Indians for cash, minor leaguer
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Friday they had agreed to ship the veteran outfielder and cash considerations to the Cleveland Indians for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Kubel, who hit 30 home runs drove in 90 runs for the D-backs in 2012, was designated for assignment earlier this week to make room for pitcher David Holmberg.
Before being DFA'd, Kubel hit .220 with five home runs and 32 RBI in 89 games with Arizona this season.
The 31-year-old was in the final year of his two-year, $16 million contract. According to several reports, the Diamondbacks will pay the "vast majority" of the money still owed to Kubel.
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.