Diamondbacks activate Bloomquist off disabled list
Bloomquist, who had been on the DL since July 2 due to a left hand contusion, is in the starting lineup at shortstop for the team's game against the San Diego Padres Wednesday night. He sustained the injury when he was hit by a pitch on June 26 in a game against the Washington Nationals. On the season, Bloomquist is hitting .292 with 8 RBI in 22 games.
"I feel great," Bloomquist said Wednesday. "I've really felt great since the day they started letting me swing the bat. I haven't had, knock on wood, any setbacks or anything with it. I think we let it heal up the right amount of time and did the proper amount of rehabilitation stuff on it. So, the hand feels great."
Holmberg made his first Major League start Tuesday, lasting 3.2 innings and allowing 3 runs. In Double-A, Holmberg sports a 5-7 record with a 2.66 ERA.
"I thought he kept his composure really well considering what went on with the first play and second play [of the game]," D-backs manager Kirk Gibson said of Holmberg's outing. "Even though they got three runs off of him, he held his composure and kept pitching.
"I think it was a tough zone for both pitchers last night, and he dealt with it. I think he learned a lot."
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.