Arizona Diamondbacks activate Miguel Montero and Eric Chavez off disabled list
To make room for the veterans, infielder Matt Davidson and catcher Tuffy Gosewisch were optioned to Triple-A Reno.
Montero had been on the DL since Aug. 1 dealing with a lower back strain, while Chavez was out beginning on Aug. 11 with a left knee strain. Both players rehabbed with the AZL D-backs before being activated.
On the season, Montero is hitting .228 with 9 home runs and at the time of his injury was second in the league in innings caught with 796.1. Chavez sports a .299 batting average with 9 home runs and 40 RBI in 62 games for the Diamondbacks this season.
Davidson hit .178 with 2 RBI over 12 games with the Diamondbacks, while Gosewisch hit .185 with 1 RBI in eight games.
The D-backs begin a three-game series at home against the San Diego Padres Monday night.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.