Diamondbacks place J.J. Putz on 15-day DL, recall RHP Chaz Roe
The 36-year-old Putz suffered the injury Friday, in the seventh inning of the Diamondbacks' contest versus the Philadelphia Phillies, while trying to field a ground ball.
Over his last 19 appearances, Putz managed a 0.57 ERA (one earned run in 15.2 innings pitched), striking out 15 and walking six. In all, he was 3-1 with six saves and a 2.43 ERA in 35 appearances this season.
For Roe, who made his major league debut earlier in the season, this is his fourth call-up to the Diamondbacks of the year. The 26-year-old is 1-0, allowing three earned runs in 5.0 innings pitched, over five appearances with the Diamondbacks. He is 0-1 with eight saves and a 1.11 ERA in 25 appearances in the minor leagues in 2013, splitting time between Double-A Mobile and Triple-A Reno.
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.