Arizona Diamondbacks uniforms ranked among MLB's worst
Lukas has been running the blog Uni-Watch.com in some form since 1999. The site's tagline pretty much describes what the blog is about: The obsessive study of athletics aesthetics.
In other words, Lukas knows what he's talking about when it comes to sports fashion.
In an ESPN.com piece, Lukas ranked all 30 teams in Major League Baseball in terms of their on-field fashion, and the list didn't have flattering things to say for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Lukas ranked the D-backs and their Sedona Red, sand and black uniforms as the fourth-worst in the league, ahead of only the Cleveland Indians, Miami Marlins and San Diego Padres.
Never thought I'd be saying this, but this set is bad enough to make a fella nostalgic for their original purple and teal design.
Then Lukas should be happy when the Diamondbacks break out the purple and turquoise jerseys for a Saturday night game against the San Francisco Giants August 31 at Chase Field.
Who's the best-dressed team in the big leagues? According to Lukas, it's the St. Louis Cardinals, followed by the Chicago Cubs, Oakland A's, Philadelphia Phillies and the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.