Arizona Diamondbacks uniforms ranked among MLB's worst
Lukas has been running the blog Uni-Watch.com in some form since 1999. The site's tagline pretty much describes what the blog is about: The obsessive study of athletics aesthetics.
In other words, Lukas knows what he's talking about when it comes to sports fashion.
In an ESPN.com piece, Lukas ranked all 30 teams in Major League Baseball in terms of their on-field fashion, and the list didn't have flattering things to say for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Lukas ranked the D-backs and their Sedona Red, sand and black uniforms as the fourth-worst in the league, ahead of only the Cleveland Indians, Miami Marlins and San Diego Padres.
Never thought I'd be saying this, but this set is bad enough to make a fella nostalgic for their original purple and teal design.
Then Lukas should be happy when the Diamondbacks break out the purple and turquoise jerseys for a Saturday night game against the San Francisco Giants August 31 at Chase Field.
Who's the best-dressed team in the big leagues? According to Lukas, it's the St. Louis Cardinals, followed by the Chicago Cubs, Oakland A's, Philadelphia Phillies and the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?