Arizona Diamondbacks uniforms ranked among MLB's worst
Lukas has been running the blog Uni-Watch.com in some form since 1999. The site's tagline pretty much describes what the blog is about: The obsessive study of athletics aesthetics.
In other words, Lukas knows what he's talking about when it comes to sports fashion.
In an ESPN.com piece, Lukas ranked all 30 teams in Major League Baseball in terms of their on-field fashion, and the list didn't have flattering things to say for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Lukas ranked the D-backs and their Sedona Red, sand and black uniforms as the fourth-worst in the league, ahead of only the Cleveland Indians, Miami Marlins and San Diego Padres.
Never thought I'd be saying this, but this set is bad enough to make a fella nostalgic for their original purple and teal design.
Then Lukas should be happy when the Diamondbacks break out the purple and turquoise jerseys for a Saturday night game against the San Francisco Giants August 31 at Chase Field.
Who's the best-dressed team in the big leagues? According to Lukas, it's the St. Louis Cardinals, followed by the Chicago Cubs, Oakland A's, Philadelphia Phillies and the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.