Updated Aug 19, 2013 - 8:28 am
D-backs make a young fan's wish come true
The youngster, who has Spinal Muscular Atrophy, plays in the Miracle League, an organization that helps children with debilitating diseases play the game they love.
The Diamondbacks went a little further.
As part of the "My Wish" series on ESPN, young Kyle not only got a visit from Adam Eaton and Willie Bloomquist at one of his Miracle League games, he got to spend the day as a real member of the team -- complete with his own locker in the Chase Field clubhouse.
It's been a tough season on the field for the D-backs, but the first-class organization continues to do nearly everything right in the community. Well done, D-backs.
And congratulations to you too, Kyle.
- Kurkjian: Trumbo ‘absolutely' worth a shot for D-backs
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.