Gibson: 'Cheaters' like Braun rob other players
PITTSBURGH -- Kirk Gibson says he would like to have a private conversation with disgraced slugger Ryan Braun.
The Arizona Diamondbacks manager said Sunday that "cheaters" like Braun rob other players of opportunities for moments such as his pinch-hit home run during the ninth inning of Game 1 of the 1988 World Series for the Dodgers.
Braun accepted a 65-game suspension last month. The Milwaukee Brewers star apologized for "mistakes" but has yet to publicly admit to using performance-enhancing drugs.
Before Sunday's game against the Pittsburgh Pirates, Gibson said that if he saw Braun, "I've got a question for him right to his face." Gibson says he would ask: "Is he about rehearsed (enough) by now, you think? About ready to come out? He's probably practicing at the theater school somewhere."
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.