D-backs prospect Archie Bradley selected as finalist for USA Today's Minor League Player of the Year
This week, USA Today named D-backs prospect Archie Bradley as one of five finalists for its Minor League Player of the Year Award.
Throwing for Single-A Visalia and Double-A Mobile in 2013, Bradley, a first-round draft pick by Arizona in 2011, has combined to go 11-5 with a 1.84 ERA and 150 strikeouts.
Joining the 21-year-old right-hander on USA Today's list of finalists are shortstop Xander Bogaerts (Boston Red Sox), outfielder Byron Buxton (Minnesota Twins), third baseman Miguel Sano (Minnesota Twins) and outfielder George Springer (Houston Astros).
Each member of the USA Today baseball staff will get one vote, but fans can also cast their ballot here through Aug. 21.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.