The Devil Went Down to L.A.
The Devil went down to Los Angeles
He was looking for a soul to steal
He was in a bind and he was way behind
And he was willing to make a deal
When he came across a middle-aged man swinging a fungo and roping some balls
The Devil jumped on to a batting cage and said "soon to be fired manager, let me tell you what
I guess you didn't know it but I was a baseball player too
And if you care to make a dare, I'll make a bet with you.
Now you swing some pretty good lumber, boy but give the Devil his due I'll bet a Boatload of wins against your soul cause I think I'm better than you"
The middle-aged man said "my name's Donnie Baseball and it might be a sin
But ill take your bet your gonna regret cause im a former batting champion -- And because I'm 9.5 games behind the Diamondbacks"
Donnie put some pine tar on that bat and swung it really well
'Cause hell's broke loose in Los Angeles and the Devil doesn't pitch like Heath Bell
And if you win, your Dodgers will win the NL West by a landslide
But if you lose, the Devil gets your hide
The Devil opened up this game and he said "I'll start this round"
And fire flew from his Louisville slugger as he stared down Kershaw on the mound
And he swung that stick across the plate and you could hear the crack of the bat
And a band of demons joined in and said "even Duke Snider couldn't do that"
When the Devil finished Donnie said "well you're pretty good, old son
But get back on that mound right there and let me show you how it's done"
Fire on Chavez Ravine run Maury, run
The Devil's in the house of Jackie Robinson
Pee Wee, Campy and Junior Gilliam
Dodger legends from Fernando to Walter Alston
The Devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat
And he laid that NL West crown on the ground near Donnie's feet
Donnie said "Devil, just come on back if you ever want to try again
'Cause I told you once, you son of a bitch, I was a batting champion"
John Gambadoro, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.