The Devil Went Down to L.A.
The Devil went down to Los Angeles
He was looking for a soul to steal
He was in a bind and he was way behind
And he was willing to make a deal
When he came across a middle-aged man swinging a fungo and roping some balls
The Devil jumped on to a batting cage and said "soon to be fired manager, let me tell you what
I guess you didn't know it but I was a baseball player too
And if you care to make a dare, I'll make a bet with you.
Now you swing some pretty good lumber, boy but give the Devil his due I'll bet a Boatload of wins against your soul cause I think I'm better than you"
The middle-aged man said "my name's Donnie Baseball and it might be a sin
But ill take your bet your gonna regret cause im a former batting champion -- And because I'm 9.5 games behind the Diamondbacks"
Donnie put some pine tar on that bat and swung it really well
'Cause hell's broke loose in Los Angeles and the Devil doesn't pitch like Heath Bell
And if you win, your Dodgers will win the NL West by a landslide
But if you lose, the Devil gets your hide
The Devil opened up this game and he said "I'll start this round"
And fire flew from his Louisville slugger as he stared down Kershaw on the mound
And he swung that stick across the plate and you could hear the crack of the bat
And a band of demons joined in and said "even Duke Snider couldn't do that"
When the Devil finished Donnie said "well you're pretty good, old son
But get back on that mound right there and let me show you how it's done"
Fire on Chavez Ravine run Maury, run
The Devil's in the house of Jackie Robinson
Pee Wee, Campy and Junior Gilliam
Dodger legends from Fernando to Walter Alston
The Devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat
And he laid that NL West crown on the ground near Donnie's feet
Donnie said "Devil, just come on back if you ever want to try again
'Cause I told you once, you son of a bitch, I was a batting champion"
John Gambadoro, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?