The Devil Went Down to L.A.
The Devil went down to Los Angeles
He was looking for a soul to steal
He was in a bind and he was way behind
And he was willing to make a deal
When he came across a middle-aged man swinging a fungo and roping some balls
The Devil jumped on to a batting cage and said "soon to be fired manager, let me tell you what
I guess you didn't know it but I was a baseball player too
And if you care to make a dare, I'll make a bet with you.
Now you swing some pretty good lumber, boy but give the Devil his due I'll bet a Boatload of wins against your soul cause I think I'm better than you"
The middle-aged man said "my name's Donnie Baseball and it might be a sin
But ill take your bet your gonna regret cause im a former batting champion -- And because I'm 9.5 games behind the Diamondbacks"
Donnie put some pine tar on that bat and swung it really well
'Cause hell's broke loose in Los Angeles and the Devil doesn't pitch like Heath Bell
And if you win, your Dodgers will win the NL West by a landslide
But if you lose, the Devil gets your hide
The Devil opened up this game and he said "I'll start this round"
And fire flew from his Louisville slugger as he stared down Kershaw on the mound
And he swung that stick across the plate and you could hear the crack of the bat
And a band of demons joined in and said "even Duke Snider couldn't do that"
When the Devil finished Donnie said "well you're pretty good, old son
But get back on that mound right there and let me show you how it's done"
Fire on Chavez Ravine run Maury, run
The Devil's in the house of Jackie Robinson
Pee Wee, Campy and Junior Gilliam
Dodger legends from Fernando to Walter Alston
The Devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat
And he laid that NL West crown on the ground near Donnie's feet
Donnie said "Devil, just come on back if you ever want to try again
'Cause I told you once, you son of a bitch, I was a batting champion"
John Gambadoro, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Plate call overturned in D-backs' loss
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.