D-backs promote Tony Campana, option Tyler Skaggs to Reno
This will be Campana's second stint with the big league club this season. The 27-year-old played in two games against the New York Mets during a series in early July, hitting .300 (3-for-10) with two stolen bases.
In Reno, Campana is batting .293 with one home run, 29 RBI and 32 stolen bases, which is good for second in the Pacific Coast League.
Skaggs last pitched for the Diamondbacks on July 27, when he started in a 12-3 loss to the San Diego Padres. In 13 starts at Reno, Skaggs is 6-7 with a 4.12 ERA.
- Randy Wolf impressive in Triple-A start
- D-backs will consider 'any and everything' when it comes to personnel changes
- D-backs go 3-4 on road trip, prepare for homestand vs. Phillies, Rockies
- D-backs' Mike Bolsinger shines in series finale at Wrigley: By The Numbers
- Bolsinger earns 1st MLB win, D-backs top Cubs
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.