D-backs promote Tony Campana, option Tyler Skaggs to Reno
This will be Campana's second stint with the big league club this season. The 27-year-old played in two games against the New York Mets during a series in early July, hitting .300 (3-for-10) with two stolen bases.
In Reno, Campana is batting .293 with one home run, 29 RBI and 32 stolen bases, which is good for second in the Pacific Coast League.
Skaggs last pitched for the Diamondbacks on July 27, when he started in a 12-3 loss to the San Diego Padres. In 13 starts at Reno, Skaggs is 6-7 with a 4.12 ERA.
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.