D-backs place Eric Chavez on DL, call up 3B Matt Davidson, LHP Eury De La Rosa
The Arizona Diamondbacks made a few roster moves on Sunday morning.
Manager Kirk Gibson announced the team placed veteran third baseman Eric Chavez on the DL with knee and hip soreness and promoted third baseman Matt Davidson and left-hander Eury De La Rosa from Triple-A.
The moves come a day after the D-backs optioned right-hander David Hernandez to Triple-A Reno following Saturday night's 4-1 loss to the Mets.
Chavez is batting .299 with nine home runs and 40 RBI in 194 at-bats for Arizona.
Davidson is ranked as the No. 2 prospect in the D-backs' farm system. The third baseman won the MVP of the MLB Futures Game and was the Triple-A HR Derby champion last month.
The 6'2, 225-pounder is hitting .278 with 16 home runs and 68 RBIs for the Reno Aces this season.
De La Rosa, who enjoyed a stint with the D-backs in July, pitched 2.1 scoreless innings and struck out three in two Major League appearances in 2013.
The 23-year-old southpaw is 3-5 with a 5.26 ERA and 49 strikeouts in 49.2 innings pitched for the Aces this year.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.