Updated Aug 6, 2013 - 5:51 pm
D-backs manager wants harsher penalties for P.E.D users.
Twelve players were suspended 50 games, while Alex Rodriguez was docked 211 games, though he is currently appealing his suspension.
Before Tuesday's Arizona Diamondbacks game against the Tampa Bay Rays, D-backs manager Kirk Gibson spoke out about MLB needing to dole out harsher penalties.
"If you get 50 games big deal, it really does not hit them that hard," Gibson said. "I think Hall of Fame, no. All-Star game, no. Playoffs, no.
"I mean, if you had stuff like that there wouldn't be a market for them. If they couldn't participate in playoffs, that would be severe. There should be no excuse for it, period."
Other notable names on that list were Nelson Cruz of the Texas Rangers, Jhonny Peralta of the Detroit Tigers and Everth Cabrera of the San Diego Padres.
There were no Diamondbacks on the list, and came to no surprise to Gibson.
"I know we promote doing things the right way," Gibson stated.
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.