Updated Aug 6, 2013 - 5:51 pm
D-backs manager wants harsher penalties for P.E.D users.
Twelve players were suspended 50 games, while Alex Rodriguez was docked 211 games, though he is currently appealing his suspension.
Before Tuesday's Arizona Diamondbacks game against the Tampa Bay Rays, D-backs manager Kirk Gibson spoke out about MLB needing to dole out harsher penalties.
"If you get 50 games big deal, it really does not hit them that hard," Gibson said. "I think Hall of Fame, no. All-Star game, no. Playoffs, no.
"I mean, if you had stuff like that there wouldn't be a market for them. If they couldn't participate in playoffs, that would be severe. There should be no excuse for it, period."
Other notable names on that list were Nelson Cruz of the Texas Rangers, Jhonny Peralta of the Detroit Tigers and Everth Cabrera of the San Diego Padres.
There were no Diamondbacks on the list, and came to no surprise to Gibson.
"I know we promote doing things the right way," Gibson stated.
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.