Updated Jul 31, 2013 - 5:17 pm
D-backs acquisition Joe Thatcher, by the numbers
A six-year veteran, statistically, Thatcher is a compelling upgrade over current Diamondbacks' left-handed specialist Tony Sipp, who curiously has better career numbers against right-handed batters than he does against lefties.
Thatcher has spent his entire career with the Padres, logging over 100 innings pitched against National League West opponents.
Take a look at new Diamondbacks' bullpen piece, Joe Thatcher, by the numbers.
Thatcher's career ERA.
Left-handed hitters' collective career batting average against Thatcher.
Thatcher's K/BB ratio against left-handed hitters.
Thatcher has pitched a total of 104.1 innings against NL West teams, with 26.2 coming against the Diamondbacks.
Thatcher's career ERA versus Diamondbacks' NL West opponents.
The number of earned runs Thatcher has given up to left-handed hitters this season; five fewer than Sipp.
Thatcher's K/BB against left-handed hitters in 2013.
Sipp has walked 13 more batters in 2013 than Thatcher, who has walked just four.
The on-base-slugging percentage (OPS) of Thatcher's second-half opponents.
The collective career batting average of current Los Angeles Dodgers hitters versus Thatcher.
The total number of hits current Dodgers hitters have recorded against Thatcher.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.