Updated Jul 31, 2013 - 5:17 pm
D-backs acquisition Joe Thatcher, by the numbers
A six-year veteran, statistically, Thatcher is a compelling upgrade over current Diamondbacks' left-handed specialist Tony Sipp, who curiously has better career numbers against right-handed batters than he does against lefties.
Thatcher has spent his entire career with the Padres, logging over 100 innings pitched against National League West opponents.
Take a look at new Diamondbacks' bullpen piece, Joe Thatcher, by the numbers.
Thatcher's career ERA.
Left-handed hitters' collective career batting average against Thatcher.
Thatcher's K/BB ratio against left-handed hitters.
Thatcher has pitched a total of 104.1 innings against NL West teams, with 26.2 coming against the Diamondbacks.
Thatcher's career ERA versus Diamondbacks' NL West opponents.
The number of earned runs Thatcher has given up to left-handed hitters this season; five fewer than Sipp.
Thatcher's K/BB against left-handed hitters in 2013.
Sipp has walked 13 more batters in 2013 than Thatcher, who has walked just four.
The on-base-slugging percentage (OPS) of Thatcher's second-half opponents.
The collective career batting average of current Los Angeles Dodgers hitters versus Thatcher.
The total number of hits current Dodgers hitters have recorded against Thatcher.
- A little from Trevor Cahill would mean a lot for the D-backs
- Could injuries force Archie Bradley into the starting rotation?
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill leaves early with knee injury vs. Cleveland
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 12Will Archie Bradley make the starting rotation?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday March 11Kirk Gibson discusses Archie Bradley's future with the team.
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.