Ian Kennedy's Arizona Diamondbacks career, by the numbers
After all, he had been struggling mightily and the D-backs' starting rotation was getting a bit crowded.
Still, seeing someone who had been a mainstay in the rotation the for nearly four seasons go is nothing to sneeze at.
So, here is a look back at Ian Kennedy's time as a Diamondback, by the numbers.
Ian Kennedy pitched in 119 regular season games for the Arizona Diamondbacks, all of which were starts.
Kennedy's ERA in his time with the D-backs.
Complete games Kennedy threw as a Diamondback.
AL Cy Young awards Max Scherzer is a favorite to win this season. Scherzer was the principal piece the D-backs surrendered in the trade that brought Kennedy to Arizona.
Where Kennedy finished in the NL Cy Young voting in 2011.
Opening Day starts Kennedy made for the Diamondbacks, which is third-most in franchise history.
Kennedy amassed 48 wins as a Diamondbacks, which places him fourth on the team's all-time list.
Kennedy's SO/BB ratio in 2013, which is the worst mark he's had as a D-back.
The last time Kennedy recorded a win.
Kennedy has hit 24 batters over the last two years -- he had plunked a total of 21 in his previous five.
Kennedy's win/loss record and ERA in two playoff starts against the Milwaukee Brewers in the 2011 NLDS.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ESPN analyst Kurkjian: Arizona Diamondbacks 'not doing anything right'
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.