Ian Kennedy's Arizona Diamondbacks career, by the numbers
After all, he had been struggling mightily and the D-backs' starting rotation was getting a bit crowded.
Still, seeing someone who had been a mainstay in the rotation the for nearly four seasons go is nothing to sneeze at.
So, here is a look back at Ian Kennedy's time as a Diamondback, by the numbers.
Ian Kennedy pitched in 119 regular season games for the Arizona Diamondbacks, all of which were starts.
Kennedy's ERA in his time with the D-backs.
Complete games Kennedy threw as a Diamondback.
AL Cy Young awards Max Scherzer is a favorite to win this season. Scherzer was the principal piece the D-backs surrendered in the trade that brought Kennedy to Arizona.
Where Kennedy finished in the NL Cy Young voting in 2011.
Opening Day starts Kennedy made for the Diamondbacks, which is third-most in franchise history.
Kennedy amassed 48 wins as a Diamondbacks, which places him fourth on the team's all-time list.
Kennedy's SO/BB ratio in 2013, which is the worst mark he's had as a D-back.
The last time Kennedy recorded a win.
Kennedy has hit 24 batters over the last two years -- he had plunked a total of 21 in his previous five.
Kennedy's win/loss record and ERA in two playoff starts against the Milwaukee Brewers in the 2011 NLDS.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- D-backs' mystery man David Peralta impresses general manager Kevin Towers
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.