Ian Kennedy's Arizona Diamondbacks career, by the numbers
After all, he had been struggling mightily and the D-backs' starting rotation was getting a bit crowded.
Still, seeing someone who had been a mainstay in the rotation the for nearly four seasons go is nothing to sneeze at.
So, here is a look back at Ian Kennedy's time as a Diamondback, by the numbers.
Ian Kennedy pitched in 119 regular season games for the Arizona Diamondbacks, all of which were starts.
Kennedy's ERA in his time with the D-backs.
Complete games Kennedy threw as a Diamondback.
AL Cy Young awards Max Scherzer is a favorite to win this season. Scherzer was the principal piece the D-backs surrendered in the trade that brought Kennedy to Arizona.
Where Kennedy finished in the NL Cy Young voting in 2011.
Opening Day starts Kennedy made for the Diamondbacks, which is third-most in franchise history.
Kennedy amassed 48 wins as a Diamondbacks, which places him fourth on the team's all-time list.
Kennedy's SO/BB ratio in 2013, which is the worst mark he's had as a D-back.
The last time Kennedy recorded a win.
Kennedy has hit 24 batters over the last two years -- he had plunked a total of 21 in his previous five.
Kennedy's win/loss record and ERA in two playoff starts against the Milwaukee Brewers in the 2011 NLDS.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.