Updated Jul 31, 2013 - 10:57 am
Rumor: Arizona Diamondbacks close to trading Ian Kennedy
According to CBSSports' Jon Heyman, a deal that would send the struggling right-hander to San Diego is "getting closer."
As for what the Diamondbacks may be getting in return:
There are legs to Ian Kennedy-to-Padres rumors, as reported by @ScottMCBS. Joe Thatcher would be one of the players going to Arizona.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 31, 2013
Then there's this:
#Dbacks will receive more than just Thatcher and a prospect in the deal.— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) July 31, 2013
Thatcher is a 31-year-old reliever who is 3-1 with a 2.10 ERA this season. In his seventh season (all with the Padres), he has a career record of 8-11 with one save, 54 holds and a 3.18 ERA.
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 9When is it time to make changes?