Updated Jul 31, 2013 - 10:57 am
Rumor: Arizona Diamondbacks close to trading Ian Kennedy
According to CBSSports' Jon Heyman, a deal that would send the struggling right-hander to San Diego is "getting closer."
As for what the Diamondbacks may be getting in return:
There are legs to Ian Kennedy-to-Padres rumors, as reported by @ScottMCBS. Joe Thatcher would be one of the players going to Arizona.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 31, 2013
Then there's this:
#Dbacks will receive more than just Thatcher and a prospect in the deal.— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) July 31, 2013
Thatcher is a 31-year-old reliever who is 3-1 with a 2.10 ERA this season. In his seventh season (all with the Padres), he has a career record of 8-11 with one save, 54 holds and a 3.18 ERA.
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Site takes in-depth look at D-backs offseason
- Your nighty is in a knot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.