Updated Jul 31, 2013 - 10:57 am
Rumor: Arizona Diamondbacks close to trading Ian Kennedy
According to CBSSports' Jon Heyman, a deal that would send the struggling right-hander to San Diego is "getting closer."
As for what the Diamondbacks may be getting in return:
There are legs to Ian Kennedy-to-Padres rumors, as reported by @ScottMCBS. Joe Thatcher would be one of the players going to Arizona.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 31, 2013
Then there's this:
#Dbacks will receive more than just Thatcher and a prospect in the deal.— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) July 31, 2013
Thatcher is a 31-year-old reliever who is 3-1 with a 2.10 ERA this season. In his seventh season (all with the Padres), he has a career record of 8-11 with one save, 54 holds and a 3.18 ERA.
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.