Updated Jul 31, 2013 - 10:57 am
Rumor: Arizona Diamondbacks close to trading Ian Kennedy
According to CBSSports' Jon Heyman, a deal that would send the struggling right-hander to San Diego is "getting closer."
As for what the Diamondbacks may be getting in return:
There are legs to Ian Kennedy-to-Padres rumors, as reported by @ScottMCBS. Joe Thatcher would be one of the players going to Arizona.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 31, 2013
Then there's this:
#Dbacks will receive more than just Thatcher and a prospect in the deal.— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) July 31, 2013
Thatcher is a 31-year-old reliever who is 3-1 with a 2.10 ERA this season. In his seventh season (all with the Padres), he has a career record of 8-11 with one save, 54 holds and a 3.18 ERA.
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest outing
- Wood homers, allows 1 run in Cubs' win
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.