Updated Jul 30, 2013 - 6:51 pm
Rumor: D-backs, White Sox, Angels talking three-way trade involving Peavy, Kennedy
With the MLB trade deadline looming Wednesday, rumors continue to swirl involving the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Earlier Tuesday, reports surfaced regarding the D-backs' reported interest in White Sox veteran starter Jake Peavy.
Now comes a report from ESPN's Jerry Crasnick that has the D-backs, White Sox and Angels talking a three-way deal involving Peavy and Arizona starter Ian Kennedy.
Reports earlier indicated the D-backs were involved in trade discussions regarding Kennedy, with the Angels named as one of the potential suitors.
The D-backs would need to move salary if they hope to acquire Peavy and the $5.28 million remaining on his contract this season. The right-hander is also owed $14.5 million next year.
If Towers can move Kennedy that may clear up the salary issues.
Peavy, a three-time All-Star who was once regarded as of the one elite starting pitchers in the Majors, won the NL Cy Young Award in 2007.
The 32-year-old, who has been hampered with injuries of late, has a history with Towers dating back to their days together in San Diego.
Peavy has compiled an 8-4 record with a 4.28 ERA and 76 strikeouts in 13 starts this season.
The right-hander owns a career 128-97 record with a 3.49 ERA over 12 Major League seasons with the San Diego Padres and Chicago White Sox.
Kennedy, 28, is 3-7 with a 5.23 ERA and 108 strikeouts in 21 games this season. He hasn't won since June 1.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.