Updated Jul 30, 2013 - 6:51 pm
Rumor: D-backs, White Sox, Angels talking three-way trade involving Peavy, Kennedy
With the MLB trade deadline looming Wednesday, rumors continue to swirl involving the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Earlier Tuesday, reports surfaced regarding the D-backs' reported interest in White Sox veteran starter Jake Peavy.
Now comes a report from ESPN's Jerry Crasnick that has the D-backs, White Sox and Angels talking a three-way deal involving Peavy and Arizona starter Ian Kennedy.
Reports earlier indicated the D-backs were involved in trade discussions regarding Kennedy, with the Angels named as one of the potential suitors.
The D-backs would need to move salary if they hope to acquire Peavy and the $5.28 million remaining on his contract this season. The right-hander is also owed $14.5 million next year.
If Towers can move Kennedy that may clear up the salary issues.
Peavy, a three-time All-Star who was once regarded as of the one elite starting pitchers in the Majors, won the NL Cy Young Award in 2007.
The 32-year-old, who has been hampered with injuries of late, has a history with Towers dating back to their days together in San Diego.
Peavy has compiled an 8-4 record with a 4.28 ERA and 76 strikeouts in 13 starts this season.
The right-hander owns a career 128-97 record with a 3.49 ERA over 12 Major League seasons with the San Diego Padres and Chicago White Sox.
Kennedy, 28, is 3-7 with a 5.23 ERA and 108 strikeouts in 21 games this season. He hasn't won since June 1.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?