Updated Jul 30, 2013 - 6:51 pm
Rumor: D-backs, White Sox, Angels talking three-way trade involving Peavy, Kennedy
With the MLB trade deadline looming Wednesday, rumors continue to swirl involving the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Earlier Tuesday, reports surfaced regarding the D-backs' reported interest in White Sox veteran starter Jake Peavy.
Now comes a report from ESPN's Jerry Crasnick that has the D-backs, White Sox and Angels talking a three-way deal involving Peavy and Arizona starter Ian Kennedy.
Reports earlier indicated the D-backs were involved in trade discussions regarding Kennedy, with the Angels named as one of the potential suitors.
The D-backs would need to move salary if they hope to acquire Peavy and the $5.28 million remaining on his contract this season. The right-hander is also owed $14.5 million next year.
If Towers can move Kennedy that may clear up the salary issues.
Peavy, a three-time All-Star who was once regarded as of the one elite starting pitchers in the Majors, won the NL Cy Young Award in 2007.
The 32-year-old, who has been hampered with injuries of late, has a history with Towers dating back to their days together in San Diego.
Peavy has compiled an 8-4 record with a 4.28 ERA and 76 strikeouts in 13 starts this season.
The right-hander owns a career 128-97 record with a 3.49 ERA over 12 Major League seasons with the San Diego Padres and Chicago White Sox.
Kennedy, 28, is 3-7 with a 5.23 ERA and 108 strikeouts in 21 games this season. He hasn't won since June 1.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.