Updated Jul 30, 2013 - 6:51 pm
Rumor: D-backs, White Sox, Angels talking three-way trade involving Peavy, Kennedy
With the MLB trade deadline looming Wednesday, rumors continue to swirl involving the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Earlier Tuesday, reports surfaced regarding the D-backs' reported interest in White Sox veteran starter Jake Peavy.
Now comes a report from ESPN's Jerry Crasnick that has the D-backs, White Sox and Angels talking a three-way deal involving Peavy and Arizona starter Ian Kennedy.
Reports earlier indicated the D-backs were involved in trade discussions regarding Kennedy, with the Angels named as one of the potential suitors.
The D-backs would need to move salary if they hope to acquire Peavy and the $5.28 million remaining on his contract this season. The right-hander is also owed $14.5 million next year.
If Towers can move Kennedy that may clear up the salary issues.
Peavy, a three-time All-Star who was once regarded as of the one elite starting pitchers in the Majors, won the NL Cy Young Award in 2007.
The 32-year-old, who has been hampered with injuries of late, has a history with Towers dating back to their days together in San Diego.
Peavy has compiled an 8-4 record with a 4.28 ERA and 76 strikeouts in 13 starts this season.
The right-hander owns a career 128-97 record with a 3.49 ERA over 12 Major League seasons with the San Diego Padres and Chicago White Sox.
Kennedy, 28, is 3-7 with a 5.23 ERA and 108 strikeouts in 21 games this season. He hasn't won since June 1.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?