Rumor: Arizona Diamondbacks interested in acquiring Houston Astros right-hander Bud Norris
The D-backs have lost out on the Jake Peavy sweepstakes, as the right-hander has reportedly been traded to the Boston Red Sox, but are still in the running for Houston Astros pitcher Bud Norris.
Arizona remains in play on Bud Norris, as do Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Teams involved expect him to be moved before deadline.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 31, 2013
As first reported by MLB.com's Brian McTaggart, the D-backs are one of the three teams -- along with the Baltimore Orioles and Pittsburgh Pirates -- trying to acquire the Houston Astros right-hander.
Norris, who was removed from his start Tuesday, has a 6-9 record with a 3.93 ERA in 2013.
For his career, the 28-year-old is 34-46 with a 4.33 ERA and 1.40 WHIP. His current contract with the Astros expires in 2015.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?