Rumor: Los Angeles Angels, San Diego Padres interested in Diamondbacks right-hander Ian Kennedy
But the latest rumor has the D-backs potentially moving one of their own starters.
According to MLB.com's Steve Gilbert, the Los Angeles Angels and San Diego Padres are among the teams interested in the services of right-hander Ian Kennedy.
Despite Kennedy's rough numbers in 2013 (3-7 with a 5.22 ERA), the interest seems to make sense.
Not only is Kennedy a native of Southern California, but Padres general manager Josh Byrnes was the man responsible for bringing him to the Valley in a three-team deal back in 2009.
And when the D-backs fired Byrnes in June 2010, his interim replacement was Jerry Dipoto, now the general manager for the Angels.
Kennedy, who is under team control until 2015, hasn't won since June 1.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.