Updated Jul 30, 2013 - 9:17 am
Rumor: Arizona Diamondbacks shopping Ian Kennedy and Jason Kubel
Arizona has been shopping Ian Kennedy and Jason Kubel, which wouldn't free enough $ to get Kevin Towers' fave Jake Peavy— Peter Gammons (@pgammo) July 29, 2013
The Diamondbacks have been linked to Peavy before, and the pitcher's history with D-backs GM Kevin Towers likely makes him an attractive option for Arizona.
The 32-year-old is 8-4 with a 4.28 ERA on the season and is currently in the first year of a two-year, $29 million contract signed in October 2012.
However, with Kennedy posting a 5.22 ERA and Kubel batting just .234, neither would appear to be attractive trade options for another team.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?