FanBall Weekly: Second-half Fantasy trade bait
1B/OF Chris Davis, Baltimore Orioles: Yes, I know I wrote an article about how great he is and how he could break Roger Maris' home run mark. I also wrote about how the Home Run Derby hurts the power numbers of its participants and Davis has already fallen into that category, only smacking one dinger since the All-Star break. First base and outfield are both very deep this year so if you can't get a positional replacement in your return pile there will be somebody worth picking up to stick in his place. Straight up you may be able to bring in a guy like Felix Hernandez, who has a history of consistency in the later months of the season.
SP Max Scherzer, Detroit Tigers: Odds are that he'll lose more than one game between now and October and though he's been stacking up the wins he was likely not your first or even second pitcher drafted and therefore can become expendable. He became the first to 15 wins on Sunday and if you have two more high level starters on your staff you can send off Scherzer for someone to fill a weak slot in your hitting lineup. A great can involve Jason Kipnis. Package your 2B with Scherzer for Kip and a lesser SP for an offensive boost.
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.