FanBall Weekly: Second-half Fantasy trade bait
1B/OF Chris Davis, Baltimore Orioles: Yes, I know I wrote an article about how great he is and how he could break Roger Maris' home run mark. I also wrote about how the Home Run Derby hurts the power numbers of its participants and Davis has already fallen into that category, only smacking one dinger since the All-Star break. First base and outfield are both very deep this year so if you can't get a positional replacement in your return pile there will be somebody worth picking up to stick in his place. Straight up you may be able to bring in a guy like Felix Hernandez, who has a history of consistency in the later months of the season.
SP Max Scherzer, Detroit Tigers: Odds are that he'll lose more than one game between now and October and though he's been stacking up the wins he was likely not your first or even second pitcher drafted and therefore can become expendable. He became the first to 15 wins on Sunday and if you have two more high level starters on your staff you can send off Scherzer for someone to fill a weak slot in your hitting lineup. A great can involve Jason Kipnis. Package your 2B with Scherzer for Kip and a lesser SP for an offensive boost.
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.