Updated Jul 27, 2013 - 9:43 am
Arizona Diamondbacks starter Brandon McCarthy makes second rehab appearance
Arizona Diamondbacks right-hander Brandon McCarthy made his second, and possibly last, rehabilitation appearance for Triple-A Reno on Friday night.
McCarthy, who is recovering from right shoulder inflammation, allowed three runs -- two earned -- on six hits through six innings, while striking out three and walking one. He also threw 62 of his 85 pitches for strikes.
In his first minor league rehab stint on July 21, McCarthy surrendered six runs on nine hits with two walks and one strikeout in 4.1 innings.
The 30-year-old was 2-4 with a 5.00 ERA in 11 starts for the D-backs before going on the disabled list June 1, retroactive to May 31.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.