Updated Jul 27, 2013 - 9:43 am
Arizona Diamondbacks starter Brandon McCarthy makes second rehab appearance
Arizona Diamondbacks right-hander Brandon McCarthy made his second, and possibly last, rehabilitation appearance for Triple-A Reno on Friday night.
McCarthy, who is recovering from right shoulder inflammation, allowed three runs -- two earned -- on six hits through six innings, while striking out three and walking one. He also threw 62 of his 85 pitches for strikes.
In his first minor league rehab stint on July 21, McCarthy surrendered six runs on nine hits with two walks and one strikeout in 4.1 innings.
The 30-year-old was 2-4 with a 5.00 ERA in 11 starts for the D-backs before going on the disabled list June 1, retroactive to May 31.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.