D-backs minor leaguer Eric Smith suspended 50 games for drug abuse violation
Mobile BayBears (Double-A) pitcher Eric Smith was suspended 50 games without pay after a second violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Smith, the D-backs' second-round draft pick in 2009, was 1-3 with a 7.11 ERA in 33 appearances with the BayBears this season.
The 50-game suspension, which begins immediately, will likely end Smith's 2013 campaign, as Mobile has just 41 games left on its regular season slate.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.