D-backs minor leaguer Eric Smith suspended 50 games for drug abuse violation
Mobile BayBears (Double-A) pitcher Eric Smith was suspended 50 games without pay after a second violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Smith, the D-backs' second-round draft pick in 2009, was 1-3 with a 7.11 ERA in 33 appearances with the BayBears this season.
The 50-game suspension, which begins immediately, will likely end Smith's 2013 campaign, as Mobile has just 41 games left on its regular season slate.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.