Updated Jul 19, 2013 - 3:19 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks acquire reliever Shawn Camp
Friday, the team made a minor move with an eye towards improving its beleaguered relief staff.
According to the Pacific Coast League's transactions page, the D-backs acquired 37-year-old Shawn Camp.
Camp, who was 1-1 with a 7.04 ERA in 23 appearances with the Chicago Cubs this season, was assigned to Triple-A Reno.
The veteran right-hander was released by the Cubs July 9, less than a year after he went 3-6 with a 3.59 ERA in a National League-high 80 relief appearances.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.