Updated Jul 18, 2013 - 5:55 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks introduce Luchador as new official mascot
Last season, the team's Lucha Libre mask giveaway and Lucha Libre wrestling match were met with positive reviews, so much so that it inspired the new-look mascot.
"The D-backs Luchador speaks both fluent Spanish and English and represents a character that you would find at a Lucha Libre match. The D-backs Luchador wrestles with Club Deportivo Coliseo and can be found revving up the crowd at select D-backs games," the team said in a press release.
In addition to the Luchador's appearance during the second half of the 2013 season, the D-backs will be giving away 20,000 Luchador masks before their July 27 game against the San Diego Padres and 5,000 Luchador capes for kids only before their game against the Colorado Rockies September 15.
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks are no easy fix, but who should get the chance?
- Debut in the books, Mike Bolsinger prepares for first start
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.