Updated Jul 18, 2013 - 5:55 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks introduce Luchador as new official mascot
Last season, the team's Lucha Libre mask giveaway and Lucha Libre wrestling match were met with positive reviews, so much so that it inspired the new-look mascot.
"The D-backs Luchador speaks both fluent Spanish and English and represents a character that you would find at a Lucha Libre match. The D-backs Luchador wrestles with Club Deportivo Coliseo and can be found revving up the crowd at select D-backs games," the team said in a press release.
In addition to the Luchador's appearance during the second half of the 2013 season, the D-backs will be giving away 20,000 Luchador masks before their July 27 game against the San Diego Padres and 5,000 Luchador capes for kids only before their game against the Colorado Rockies September 15.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.