Updated Jul 18, 2013 - 5:55 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks introduce Luchador as new official mascot
Last season, the team's Lucha Libre mask giveaway and Lucha Libre wrestling match were met with positive reviews, so much so that it inspired the new-look mascot.
"The D-backs Luchador speaks both fluent Spanish and English and represents a character that you would find at a Lucha Libre match. The D-backs Luchador wrestles with Club Deportivo Coliseo and can be found revving up the crowd at select D-backs games," the team said in a press release.
In addition to the Luchador's appearance during the second half of the 2013 season, the D-backs will be giving away 20,000 Luchador masks before their July 27 game against the San Diego Padres and 5,000 Luchador capes for kids only before their game against the Colorado Rockies September 15.
- Kurkjian: Trumbo ‘absolutely' worth a shot for D-backs
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.