Updated Jul 18, 2013 - 5:55 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks introduce Luchador as new official mascot
Last season, the team's Lucha Libre mask giveaway and Lucha Libre wrestling match were met with positive reviews, so much so that it inspired the new-look mascot.
"The D-backs Luchador speaks both fluent Spanish and English and represents a character that you would find at a Lucha Libre match. The D-backs Luchador wrestles with Club Deportivo Coliseo and can be found revving up the crowd at select D-backs games," the team said in a press release.
In addition to the Luchador's appearance during the second half of the 2013 season, the D-backs will be giving away 20,000 Luchador masks before their July 27 game against the San Diego Padres and 5,000 Luchador capes for kids only before their game against the Colorado Rockies September 15.
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.