ESPN's Law: D-backs' Archie Bradley baseball's top pitching prospect
Already arguably the top pitching prospect in the Arizona Diamondbacks' farm system, the 20-year-old tossed a clean inning in MLB's Futures Game over the weekend and, with a 2.37 ERA with 72 strikeouts in 76.0 Double-A innings, some are wondering if he'll soon don a D-backs uniform.
That is a question for another day.
For now, take solace in the fact that the D-backs have one of the game's better pitching prospects. And, according to ESPN MLB analyst Keith Law in an Insider piece, he's the best pitching prospect. Period.
His command has improved over last year, as well as the control, while he's still in the 93-98 mph range with his heater.
His curveball has been a little less consistent this year, still hard at 79-83 but not quite as sharp as last year, while the changeup continues to improve and should be no worse than a solid-average pitch. The curve is still a swing-and-miss pitch for him, and with the huge fastball and his No. 1 starter build, he's the minors' best pitching prospect.
Selected by the Diamondbacks with the seventh pick in the 2011 MLB First Year Player Draft, Bradley has compiled a 20-10 record with a 3.04 ERA in 242.2 Minor League innings. The right-hander went into the season as a top prospect, and he's done nothing to disappoint.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.