D-backs' Paul Goldschmidt makes his All-Star Game debut
Arizona Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt made his debut in the MLB All-Star Game on Tuesday night.
Goldschmidt entered the game in the fifth inning to replace Cincinnati Reds' first baseman Joey Votto and played the remainder of the game.
In two at-bats, Goldschmidt went 1-for-2 with a double.
Baltimore Orioles' third baseman Manny Machado robbed Goldschmidt of a hit in his first at-bat in the seventh. Machado fielded the ball deep in the hole at third and used his strong arm to nab the D-backs' slugger by a step.
Goldschmidt's last at-bat resulted in an opposite field double off the wall. The NL was down to their final out when the game was kept alive by Goldschmidt's extra-base hit.
The American League defeated the National League 3-0 in the 84th Midsummer Classic.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.