D-backs' Paul Goldschmidt makes his All-Star Game debut
Arizona Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt made his debut in the MLB All-Star Game on Tuesday night.
Goldschmidt entered the game in the fifth inning to replace Cincinnati Reds' first baseman Joey Votto and played the remainder of the game.
In two at-bats, Goldschmidt went 1-for-2 with a double.
Baltimore Orioles' third baseman Manny Machado robbed Goldschmidt of a hit in his first at-bat in the seventh. Machado fielded the ball deep in the hole at third and used his strong arm to nab the D-backs' slugger by a step.
Goldschmidt's last at-bat resulted in an opposite field double off the wall. The NL was down to their final out when the game was kept alive by Goldschmidt's extra-base hit.
The American League defeated the National League 3-0 in the 84th Midsummer Classic.
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks are no easy fix, but who should get the chance?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?