D-backs' Patrick Corbin suffers loss in first All-Star appearance
First-time All-Star and New York native Patrick Corbin got to fulfill a lifelong dream when he took the mound in Tuesday's All-Star Game.
Unfortunately for Corbin, his All-Star experience didn't end the way he anticipated.
Corbin, who went 11-1 with a 2.35 ERA in the season's first half for Arizona, entered a scoreless game in the fourth inning for the National League.
The D-backs' southpaw allowed a leadoff double to Tigers' superstar Miguel Cabrera, followed by a single to Orioles' first baseman Chris Davis. The 22-year-old was able to minimize the damage by getting Blue Jays' right-fielder Jose Bautista to fly out and Red Sox's DH David Ortiz to ground into an inning-ending double play.
Bautista's sacrifice fly netted the game's first run.
Corbin allowed one run on two hits with no strikeouts or walks in his only inning of work.
The National League couldn't muster any offense to bail Corbin out, as the American League went on to win 3-0, handing the D-backs' hurler the hard-luck loss.
- Agent: 'I think a guy like Archie Bradley warrants that opportunity'
- Braves vs Phillies postponed by rain
- No Drew: Steinbrenner: 'I'm pretty content'
- ESPN Insider Keith Law paints dark picture for D-backs' future
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter can't stop bleeding, D-backs extend skid to season high-tying 4 games
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 9When is it time to make changes?