Reno's Matt Davidson wins Minor League Home Run Derby
Sunday, Davidson clubbed a two-run homer helping the U.S. Team to a 4-2 win over the World Team at the MLB All-Star Futures Game at Citi Field.
Monday night, Davidson showed off his power again, winning the IGT Home Run Derby at Aces Ballpark in Reno, Nevada over St. Louis prospect Brock Peterson.
Davidson hit four homers in the first round and two more in the second to advance to the final against Peterson, where he hit four more.
For the season, Davidson has 14 home runs in 344 at-bats -- second on Reno's roster and tied for ninth-best in the Pacific Coast League.
The 22-year-old will participate in the Triple-A All-Star Game Tuesday night in Reno.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Randy Wolf impressive in Triple-A start
- D-backs will consider 'any and everything' when it comes to personnel changes
- D-backs go 3-4 on road trip, prepare for homestand vs. Phillies, Rockies
- D-backs' Mike Bolsinger shines in series finale at Wrigley: By The Numbers
- Bolsinger earns 1st MLB win, D-backs top Cubs
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.