Reno's Matt Davidson wins Minor League Home Run Derby
Sunday, Davidson clubbed a two-run homer helping the U.S. Team to a 4-2 win over the World Team at the MLB All-Star Futures Game at Citi Field.
Monday night, Davidson showed off his power again, winning the IGT Home Run Derby at Aces Ballpark in Reno, Nevada over St. Louis prospect Brock Peterson.
Davidson hit four homers in the first round and two more in the second to advance to the final against Peterson, where he hit four more.
For the season, Davidson has 14 home runs in 344 at-bats -- second on Reno's roster and tied for ninth-best in the Pacific Coast League.
The 22-year-old will participate in the Triple-A All-Star Game Tuesday night in Reno.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Beckett, Puig silence D-backs in series-clinching win for Dodgers: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Bolsinger struggles in first career start
- Ethier's HR propels Dodgers over Diamondbacks
- D-backs lose early lead, fall to Dodgers: By The Numbers
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.