Updated Jul 14, 2013 - 12:21 pm
D-backs' manager: Kennedy, Miley, Delgado will top second-half rotation
Kennedy, the Diamondbacks' Opening Day starter, has compiled a 3-5 win-loss record and a 5.08 ERA heading into the team's final game of the first half, which the right-hander is slated to start.
Left-hander Miley was originally slated as the team's No. 4 starter, despite garnering recognition as the National League's runner-up for Rookie of the Year in 2012. He brings a 6-7 record and 4.31 ERA into the second half of the season. In three July starts, Miley has a 2-0 record and a 1.66 ERA, thanks to back-to-back eight-inning outings and a 3.2 strikeout-to-walk ratio on the month.
Delgado was left off the Diamondbacks' 25-man roster after spring training, losing contention for the No. 5 starter spot to first-half sensation Patrick Corbin. In three separate stints with the big league club this season, the right-hander has gone 1-3 with a 3.65 ERA over seven starts.
Last week, Gibson announced that Corbin would be pushed back in the second-half rotation as a result of his high volume of innings pitched early in the season and his inclusion on the NL All-Star team.
Gibby says 3 starters after break vs SF likely Kennedy Miley Delgado— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) July 14, 2013
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.