Updated Jul 14, 2013 - 12:21 pm
D-backs' manager: Kennedy, Miley, Delgado will top second-half rotation
Kennedy, the Diamondbacks' Opening Day starter, has compiled a 3-5 win-loss record and a 5.08 ERA heading into the team's final game of the first half, which the right-hander is slated to start.
Left-hander Miley was originally slated as the team's No. 4 starter, despite garnering recognition as the National League's runner-up for Rookie of the Year in 2012. He brings a 6-7 record and 4.31 ERA into the second half of the season. In three July starts, Miley has a 2-0 record and a 1.66 ERA, thanks to back-to-back eight-inning outings and a 3.2 strikeout-to-walk ratio on the month.
Delgado was left off the Diamondbacks' 25-man roster after spring training, losing contention for the No. 5 starter spot to first-half sensation Patrick Corbin. In three separate stints with the big league club this season, the right-hander has gone 1-3 with a 3.65 ERA over seven starts.
Last week, Gibson announced that Corbin would be pushed back in the second-half rotation as a result of his high volume of innings pitched early in the season and his inclusion on the NL All-Star team.
Gibby says 3 starters after break vs SF likely Kennedy Miley Delgado— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) July 14, 2013
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Site takes in-depth look at D-backs offseason
- Your nighty is in a knot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.