Updated Jul 14, 2013 - 12:21 pm
D-backs' manager: Kennedy, Miley, Delgado will top second-half rotation
Kennedy, the Diamondbacks' Opening Day starter, has compiled a 3-5 win-loss record and a 5.08 ERA heading into the team's final game of the first half, which the right-hander is slated to start.
Left-hander Miley was originally slated as the team's No. 4 starter, despite garnering recognition as the National League's runner-up for Rookie of the Year in 2012. He brings a 6-7 record and 4.31 ERA into the second half of the season. In three July starts, Miley has a 2-0 record and a 1.66 ERA, thanks to back-to-back eight-inning outings and a 3.2 strikeout-to-walk ratio on the month.
Delgado was left off the Diamondbacks' 25-man roster after spring training, losing contention for the No. 5 starter spot to first-half sensation Patrick Corbin. In three separate stints with the big league club this season, the right-hander has gone 1-3 with a 3.65 ERA over seven starts.
Last week, Gibson announced that Corbin would be pushed back in the second-half rotation as a result of his high volume of innings pitched early in the season and his inclusion on the NL All-Star team.
Gibby says 3 starters after break vs SF likely Kennedy Miley Delgado— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) July 14, 2013
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.