Updated Jul 14, 2013 - 11:56 am
Brandon McCarthy to begin rehab assignment after Sunday simulated game
The simulation will be McCarthy's second such outing since being placed on the disabled list on May 31 with right shoulder inflammation. The right-hander also threw a bullpen session on Thursday, July 11.
Ten days after being placed on the Diamondbacks' 15-day DL, McCarthy suffered a seizure that was linked to the head injury he suffered in September, while playing for the Oakland Athletics. The incident was not considered a setback in the pitcher's shoulder injury recovery.
The right-hander will throw 60-65 pitches in Sunday's outing, de St. Aubin reports.
McCarthy throwing today & likely heading to Reno in next 5-6 days if all goes well.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) July 14, 2013
- In second year with D-backs, Martin Prado finally feeling 'comfortable and settled'
- No clear lineup materializing for 2014 Arizona Diamondbacks
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill 'unable to execute' against Oakland
- D-backs president Hall: Mark Trumbo is 'everything as advertised'
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Patrick Corbin where he needs to be moving towards season opener
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.