Updated Jul 14, 2013 - 11:56 am
Brandon McCarthy to begin rehab assignment after Sunday simulated game
The simulation will be McCarthy's second such outing since being placed on the disabled list on May 31 with right shoulder inflammation. The right-hander also threw a bullpen session on Thursday, July 11.
Ten days after being placed on the Diamondbacks' 15-day DL, McCarthy suffered a seizure that was linked to the head injury he suffered in September, while playing for the Oakland Athletics. The incident was not considered a setback in the pitcher's shoulder injury recovery.
The right-hander will throw 60-65 pitches in Sunday's outing, de St. Aubin reports.
McCarthy throwing today & likely heading to Reno in next 5-6 days if all goes well.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) July 14, 2013
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks are no easy fix, but who should get the chance?
- Debut in the books, Mike Bolsinger prepares for first start
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.