Updated Jul 12, 2013 - 8:12 am
D-backs option Skaggs to Single-A, recall De La Rosa
The Arizona Diamondbacks have optioned Tyler Skaggs to Single-A Visalia and recalled Eury De La Rosa from Triple-A Reno.
"It's just the best place to keep him on turn right now," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said of the young left-hander Thursday. "We'll move him after that, wherever he may go."
Skaggs has started five games for the D-backs this season, including Wednesday night in the team's 14-inning loss to the Dodgers. He went 4.1 innings, giving up 8 hits and 3 runs.
He is 2-1 with a 4.03 ERA.
In 13 Minor League games this season -- all at Triple-A Reno -- Skaggs is 6-6 with a 4.26 ERA in 76 innings of work.
De La Rosa, a left-handed pitcher, will be making his Major League debut. In 37 appearances in Reno he was 1-4 with a 5.14 ERA. He has 45 strikeouts.
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.