Updated Jul 10, 2013 - 7:13 pm
Gibson on Putz: 'This is a work in progress'
Putz has pitched in five games since his return from the disabled list allowing one earned run off two hits in 3.2 innings. He has struck out two and walked one.
Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson gave his thoughts of where Putz's arm strength was prior to Wednesday night's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
"He threw the ball good (last night) and is throwing better every time out," Gibson stated. "Velocity is good, slider is really good and he is keeping the ball down."
The closer blew his first save chance last week against the New York Mets and was demoted to set-up duties until his arm strength fully returned.
"I didn't say that," Gibson stated about if Putz would return to closing duties. "This is a work in progress."
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday October 30Tim Kurkjian talks about Game 6 of the World Series Wednesday.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 29The Red Sox are one win away from winning the World Series.