Updated Jul 10, 2013 - 7:13 pm
Gibson on Putz: 'This is a work in progress'
Putz has pitched in five games since his return from the disabled list allowing one earned run off two hits in 3.2 innings. He has struck out two and walked one.
Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson gave his thoughts of where Putz's arm strength was prior to Wednesday night's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
"He threw the ball good (last night) and is throwing better every time out," Gibson stated. "Velocity is good, slider is really good and he is keeping the ball down."
The closer blew his first save chance last week against the New York Mets and was demoted to set-up duties until his arm strength fully returned.
"I didn't say that," Gibson stated about if Putz would return to closing duties. "This is a work in progress."
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.