Updated Jul 10, 2013 - 7:13 pm
Gibson on Putz: 'This is a work in progress'
Putz has pitched in five games since his return from the disabled list allowing one earned run off two hits in 3.2 innings. He has struck out two and walked one.
Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson gave his thoughts of where Putz's arm strength was prior to Wednesday night's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
"He threw the ball good (last night) and is throwing better every time out," Gibson stated. "Velocity is good, slider is really good and he is keeping the ball down."
The closer blew his first save chance last week against the New York Mets and was demoted to set-up duties until his arm strength fully returned.
"I didn't say that," Gibson stated about if Putz would return to closing duties. "This is a work in progress."
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday March 11Kirk Gibson discusses Archie Bradley's future with the team.
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?