Updated Jul 10, 2013 - 11:35 pm
D-backs manager Kirk Gibson does not mind Yasiel Puig's antics
Puig is hitting .394 with eight home runs and 19 RBI, while helping the Dodgers get back into the pennant race.
While Puig is beating up on Major League pitching, some D-backs players are not happy with the antics of the Cuban phenom.
Miguel Montero criticized Puig earlier in the day, and pitcher Ian Kennedy went as far as to call Puig "arrogant" after last night's game.
One person who does not mind the Dodgers rookie is Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson.
"I still rub people the wrong way," Gibson semi-jokingly stated before Wednesday's game. "People in today's society always worry about someone else and I got no problem with him.
"He is just playing, some people say he doesn't know any better, well why would he know any better? He hasn't even been here that long, so give him a break"
Puig, who defected from Cuba prior to this season, signed a seven-year, $42 million contract just last summer.
"He is kicking everyone's ass so people are jealous of him," Gibson stated. "We are just trying to figure out a way to get him out tonight.
"I'm not offended by any of it and I think the way he plays is awesome."
- Rookie makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Plate call overturned in D-backs' loss
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.