Updated Jul 10, 2013 - 10:20 am
Revenge is a dish best served cold
In this heat, what's the point?
When you've won 14 of your last 17 games, what's the point?
The L.A. Dodgers are exacting their revenge in the most satisfying way by punching the D-backs where it hurts the most: the standings.
After Tuesday's 6-1 win, the Dodgers now sit 2.5 back of the D-backs for first. With 11 wins in their last 13 NL West games, they're coming. In the last couple of years the D-backs have owned L.A., but this series seems to stand as proof that the Dodgers have found their stride.
They've outhit the D-backs 27-9.
Hanley Ramirez is stealing headlines from Yasiel Puig, both of whom are raking. The four starters in their rotation are downright frightening. The payroll has plenty of room for expansion.
They're so hot right now they couldn't be bothered with retaliation against Ian Kennedy. Even after Kennedy plunked Ramirez -- a pitch that Don Mattingly acknowledged was unintentional -- there was no retribution for that or for the Zack Greinke hit back in June. When Kennedy came to bat last night, a ballpark held its collective breath only to see a harmless sac bunt.
The worry here is that this is 2008 all over again when Mannywood vaulted the Dodgers to the top and the D-backs were helpless to do anything about it.
Dave Burns, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.