Updated Jul 10, 2013 - 12:23 am
D-backs' Eaton activated, goes 0-for-4 with costly fielding error
The 24-year-old later made his 2013 debut with the Diamondbacks, getting the nod in center field and batting leadoff. He went 0-for-4 with a strikeout and a costly fourth-inning error on a routine fly ball to deep center field, which allowed two runs to score in the Diamondbacks' 6-1 loss to the Dodgers.
Eaton's inclusion in the Diamondbacks' lineup was highly anticipated after he recorded a .382 on-base percentage in 22 games with the team last season.
The speedy outfielder has been on the disabled list all season, after suffering an injury to his throwing arm elbow during spring training in March. He was batting .390 in Cactus League play before the injury.
Eaton was viewed as the Diamondbacks' future leadoff man, largely due to his minor league exploits. In 119 games with Triple-A Reno last season, the left-handed hitting outfielder tallied a .381/ .456/ .539 slash line with 38 stolen bases and 119 runs scored.
Not how we drew that one up. A lot games left! We gotta come back strong tomorrow! #WinTheWest— Adam Eaton (@AdamSpankyEaton) July 10, 2013
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.