Updated Jul 10, 2013 - 12:23 am
D-backs' Eaton activated, goes 0-for-4 with costly fielding error
The 24-year-old later made his 2013 debut with the Diamondbacks, getting the nod in center field and batting leadoff. He went 0-for-4 with a strikeout and a costly fourth-inning error on a routine fly ball to deep center field, which allowed two runs to score in the Diamondbacks' 6-1 loss to the Dodgers.
Eaton's inclusion in the Diamondbacks' lineup was highly anticipated after he recorded a .382 on-base percentage in 22 games with the team last season.
The speedy outfielder has been on the disabled list all season, after suffering an injury to his throwing arm elbow during spring training in March. He was batting .390 in Cactus League play before the injury.
Eaton was viewed as the Diamondbacks' future leadoff man, largely due to his minor league exploits. In 119 games with Triple-A Reno last season, the left-handed hitting outfielder tallied a .381/ .456/ .539 slash line with 38 stolen bases and 119 runs scored.
Not how we drew that one up. A lot games left! We gotta come back strong tomorrow! #WinTheWest— Adam Eaton (@AdamSpankyEaton) July 10, 2013
- Beckett, Puig silence D-backs in series-clinching win for Dodgers: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Bolsinger struggles in first career start
- Ethier's HR propels Dodgers over Diamondbacks
- D-backs lose early lead, fall to Dodgers: By The Numbers
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.