Updated Jul 9, 2013 - 11:04 am
D-backs to give out gold Paul Goldschmidt bobbleheads
The first baseman leads the National League with 74 RBI heading into Tuesday's game with the Los Angeles Dodgers and ranks in the top ten in batting average and home runs.
Next week, he'll play in his first MLB All-Star Game at Citi Field in New York. And later this season, he'll receive another honor.
Saturday, August 10, when the D-backs host the New York Mets, Goldschmidt will be immortalized in bobblehead form. The first 25,000 fans through the turnstiles at Chase Field will get the bobblehead, and some will receive one that's a little different from the rest.
D-backs broadcaster Steve Berthiaume tweeted out a picture of the collectible, which actually looks more like a trophy (think Oscar swinging for the fences) than it does a bobblehead.
- Martin Prado: By the Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks call up Andy Marte and Roger Kieschnick from Triple-A Reno
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Martin Prado to New York Yankees
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Gerardo Parra to Milwaukee Brewers for prospects Mitch Haniger and Anthony Banda
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.