Updated Jul 9, 2013 - 11:04 am
D-backs to give out gold Paul Goldschmidt bobbleheads
The first baseman leads the National League with 74 RBI heading into Tuesday's game with the Los Angeles Dodgers and ranks in the top ten in batting average and home runs.
Next week, he'll play in his first MLB All-Star Game at Citi Field in New York. And later this season, he'll receive another honor.
Saturday, August 10, when the D-backs host the New York Mets, Goldschmidt will be immortalized in bobblehead form. The first 25,000 fans through the turnstiles at Chase Field will get the bobblehead, and some will receive one that's a little different from the rest.
D-backs broadcaster Steve Berthiaume tweeted out a picture of the collectible, which actually looks more like a trophy (think Oscar swinging for the fences) than it does a bobblehead.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.