Updated Jul 9, 2013 - 9:46 am
Despite five-game win streak, D-backs drop in ESPN Power Rankings
Since Randall Delgado outdueled New York Mets ace Matt Harvey last Wednesday, the team has been red hot.
Arizona swept the Colorado Rockies over the weekend, outscoring them 22-2. Even struggling players like Cody Ross, Martin Prado and Miguel Montero, have started contributing to the offensive attack.
During the five-game win streak, starting pitching has also picked up the pace, giving up only six runs in 38 innings pitched -- including eight innings each from Tyler Skaggs, Wade Miley and Patrick Corbin.
Despite the recent stretch of success and a 5-2 record for the week, ESPN.com dropped the D-backs a spot from 11 to 12 in their weekly rankings.
The New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays were the two teams to jump the D-backs from last week as they both compiled a 6-1 record last week.
David Schoenfield of ESPN.com still had positive remarks to say in spite of dropping Kirk Gibson and Co. a spot.
A five-game winning streak has pushed Arizona's lead in the NL West back up to 4½ games. Now come three against the second-place Dodgers, followed by four more series against sub-.500 teams: the Brewers, Giants, Cubs and Padres. Good chance for Arizona to grow its lead. -- David Schoenfield, ESPN.com
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.