Updated Jul 9, 2013 - 9:46 am
Despite five-game win streak, D-backs drop in ESPN Power Rankings
Since Randall Delgado outdueled New York Mets ace Matt Harvey last Wednesday, the team has been red hot.
Arizona swept the Colorado Rockies over the weekend, outscoring them 22-2. Even struggling players like Cody Ross, Martin Prado and Miguel Montero, have started contributing to the offensive attack.
During the five-game win streak, starting pitching has also picked up the pace, giving up only six runs in 38 innings pitched -- including eight innings each from Tyler Skaggs, Wade Miley and Patrick Corbin.
Despite the recent stretch of success and a 5-2 record for the week, ESPN.com dropped the D-backs a spot from 11 to 12 in their weekly rankings.
The New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays were the two teams to jump the D-backs from last week as they both compiled a 6-1 record last week.
David Schoenfield of ESPN.com still had positive remarks to say in spite of dropping Kirk Gibson and Co. a spot.
A five-game winning streak has pushed Arizona's lead in the NL West back up to 4½ games. Now come three against the second-place Dodgers, followed by four more series against sub-.500 teams: the Brewers, Giants, Cubs and Padres. Good chance for Arizona to grow its lead. -- David Schoenfield, ESPN.com
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.