Updated Jul 9, 2013 - 9:46 am
Despite five-game win streak, D-backs drop in ESPN Power Rankings
Since Randall Delgado outdueled New York Mets ace Matt Harvey last Wednesday, the team has been red hot.
Arizona swept the Colorado Rockies over the weekend, outscoring them 22-2. Even struggling players like Cody Ross, Martin Prado and Miguel Montero, have started contributing to the offensive attack.
During the five-game win streak, starting pitching has also picked up the pace, giving up only six runs in 38 innings pitched -- including eight innings each from Tyler Skaggs, Wade Miley and Patrick Corbin.
Despite the recent stretch of success and a 5-2 record for the week, ESPN.com dropped the D-backs a spot from 11 to 12 in their weekly rankings.
The New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays were the two teams to jump the D-backs from last week as they both compiled a 6-1 record last week.
David Schoenfield of ESPN.com still had positive remarks to say in spite of dropping Kirk Gibson and Co. a spot.
A five-game winning streak has pushed Arizona's lead in the NL West back up to 4½ games. Now come three against the second-place Dodgers, followed by four more series against sub-.500 teams: the Brewers, Giants, Cubs and Padres. Good chance for Arizona to grow its lead. -- David Schoenfield, ESPN.com
- Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
- ESPN analyst Kurkjian: Arizona Diamondbacks 'not doing anything right'
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.