Updated Jul 9, 2013 - 9:46 am
Despite five-game win streak, D-backs drop in ESPN Power Rankings
Since Randall Delgado outdueled New York Mets ace Matt Harvey last Wednesday, the team has been red hot.
Arizona swept the Colorado Rockies over the weekend, outscoring them 22-2. Even struggling players like Cody Ross, Martin Prado and Miguel Montero, have started contributing to the offensive attack.
During the five-game win streak, starting pitching has also picked up the pace, giving up only six runs in 38 innings pitched -- including eight innings each from Tyler Skaggs, Wade Miley and Patrick Corbin.
Despite the recent stretch of success and a 5-2 record for the week, ESPN.com dropped the D-backs a spot from 11 to 12 in their weekly rankings.
The New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays were the two teams to jump the D-backs from last week as they both compiled a 6-1 record last week.
David Schoenfield of ESPN.com still had positive remarks to say in spite of dropping Kirk Gibson and Co. a spot.
A five-game winning streak has pushed Arizona's lead in the NL West back up to 4½ games. Now come three against the second-place Dodgers, followed by four more series against sub-.500 teams: the Brewers, Giants, Cubs and Padres. Good chance for Arizona to grow its lead. -- David Schoenfield, ESPN.com
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.