Updated Jul 8, 2013 - 2:32 pm
A look at the Diamondbacks and Dodgers since June 11 brawl
But for the four weeks since the now infamous Diamondbacks-Dodgers brawl, many perceived major momentum changes for both teams -- a negative one for those donning Sedona red and a positive one for the boys in blue.
In fact, until the Diamondbacks turned things around over the last five games, their post-brawl record sat at 6-12. Meanwhile, the Dodgers broke used the melee to break out of their early season funk, clambering from the bottom of the division to second place in the National League West with the help of a 14-9 record since the episode and 12-4 in their last 16 games.
"(The brawl) had a reverse effect for both us and the Dodgers," former Diamondbacks great Luis Gonzalez said last week on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show. "I mean, the Dodgers were going the other way, but they had the fight and now they've regrouped and they seem to be playing well.
"And for us, we've kind of sputtered a little."
It's likely that, more than the fight itself, both teams have most benefited from the return of key players. With the already-emerging Yasiel Puig fueling their lineup, the Dodgers have returned Hanley Ramirez, Matt Kemp and Carl Crawford to their everyday lineup since the brawl. They also acquired former Marlins' right-hander Ricky Nolasco, who will make his first start for the Dodgers on Tuesday.
The Diamondbacks, meanwhile, have regained Aaron Hill and Eric Chavez while benefitting from quality starting pitching from both Randall Delgado and Tyler Skaggs, who weren't on the 25-man roster back on June 11.
- Monday, 6:40 PM at Chase Field: D-backs' RHP Randall Delgado (1-2; 3.67 ERA) vs. Dodgers' RHP Zack Greinke (6-2; 4.30 ERA)
- Tuesday, 6:40 PM at Chase Field: D-backs' RHP Ian Kennedy (3-4; 5.16) vs. Dodgers' RHP Ricky Nolasco (5-8; 3.85)
- Wednesday, 6:40 PM at Chase Field: D-backs' LHP Tyler Skaggs (2-1; 3.65) vs. Dodgers' Hyun-Jin Ryu (7-3; 2;82)
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.