Updated Jul 5, 2013 - 1:07 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation boosts Yarnell donations with additional $100K pledge
On Friday, the foundation -- the designated charitable arm of the Arizona Diamondbacks -- announced in an official press release that it was extending an identical pledge, matching the donations of fans during the upcoming 10-game homestand.
"The generosity of our fans over the past four days has been truly inspirational," said Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall. "Our fans keep asking how they can help the families of Yarnell and Prescott and we thought it was only appropriate given our social responsibility to the community to continue to match their contributions for another $100,000."
The foundation encourages fans to donate online throughout the homestand at dbacks.com/19. Also, fans in attendance during the homestand will have opportunities to donate to the cause by playing in the 50/50 Raffle or participating in the memorabilia auctions at the Chase Field team store.
Fans who donate $19 or more will be entered for a chance to win a team-signed home white jersey with the name "Yarnell" and the No. 19 on the back.
Throughout the weekend series against the Rockies, the D-backs are offering 50 percent off ticket prices for all military active duty, reserve, retired and veterans, as well as active and retired fire and police personnel with a valid ID.
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.