Updated Jul 5, 2013 - 1:07 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation boosts Yarnell donations with additional $100K pledge
On Friday, the foundation -- the designated charitable arm of the Arizona Diamondbacks -- announced in an official press release that it was extending an identical pledge, matching the donations of fans during the upcoming 10-game homestand.
"The generosity of our fans over the past four days has been truly inspirational," said Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall. "Our fans keep asking how they can help the families of Yarnell and Prescott and we thought it was only appropriate given our social responsibility to the community to continue to match their contributions for another $100,000."
The foundation encourages fans to donate online throughout the homestand at dbacks.com/19. Also, fans in attendance during the homestand will have opportunities to donate to the cause by playing in the 50/50 Raffle or participating in the memorabilia auctions at the Chase Field team store.
Fans who donate $19 or more will be entered for a chance to win a team-signed home white jersey with the name "Yarnell" and the No. 19 on the back.
Throughout the weekend series against the Rockies, the D-backs are offering 50 percent off ticket prices for all military active duty, reserve, retired and veterans, as well as active and retired fire and police personnel with a valid ID.
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.