Updated Jul 2, 2013 - 6:41 pm
D-backs prospect Chris Owings make the Futures All-Star Game
Earlier in the day, Owings got selected to the 15th annual SiriusXM All-Star U.S. Futures Game at Citi Field in New York. The Futures Game will be played on Sunday, July 14. The game will be televised on ESPN2 at 11 a.m. MST.
Owings was not originally on the team, but was added to the squad when Seattle Mariners prospect Brad Miller was called up from Triple-A.
Along with the Futures Game selection, Owings was selected to the Pacific Coast League All-Star game and was named the the D-backs' organizational Player of the Month.
Owings leads the MiLB in hits and is hitting .353 with seven home runs. He is the 99th ranked prospect in all of baseball according to MLB.com's Top 100 prospect list.
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.