Updated Jul 4, 2013 - 12:46 am
News between D-backs' SP wins
To mark the end of the winless streak, ArizonaSports.com compiled a list of events that have happened from June 5 to July 3rd.
• Tim Tebow is back in the NFL! Tebow signed with the New England Patriots to back-up Tom Brady. In other words Tebow fans, make plans for pre-season Patriots games or risk never seeing Tebow play.
• The Los Angeles Dodgers and D-backs brawled. The benches cleared twice and the teams went at each other after Ian Kennedy threw high and hit Zack Greinke, which resulted in a lot of camera shots of Turner Ward being thrown into a padded Dodger Stadium railing, Mark McGwire roid raging, Don Mattingly throwing Alan Trammell to the ground "like a ragdoll" (according to Mattingly's son), and Yasiel Puig and Ronald Belisario going bonkers.
• Both the NBA Finals and Stanley Cup Finals started and finished. LeBron James and company defeated the Spurs 4-3 as the Heat won their second title in as many years. In the NHL, the Chicago Blackhawks defeated the Boston Bruins 4-2 to win Lord Stanley's Cup for the second time in four years.
• Eric Hinske got DFA'd.
• Aaron Hernandez got arrested for murder and was released by the New England Patriots. (June 26)
• Food Network fired Paula Deen after prior racist remarks became public. (June 21)
• Jay Cutler finally has a ring. Sorry, Bears fans it is only a wedding ring. Cutler married The Hills and Laguna Beach star Kristin Cavallari on June 7th.
• A new generation of kids will grow up with a new meaning to the term "northwest" in thanks to Kim Kardashian and Kayne West. Kardashian gave birth to the couple's child and named the baby girl North West. (June 15)
• James Gandolfini passed away.
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.