Updated Jul 4, 2013 - 12:46 am
News between D-backs' SP wins
To mark the end of the winless streak, ArizonaSports.com compiled a list of events that have happened from June 5 to July 3rd.
• Tim Tebow is back in the NFL! Tebow signed with the New England Patriots to back-up Tom Brady. In other words Tebow fans, make plans for pre-season Patriots games or risk never seeing Tebow play.
• The Los Angeles Dodgers and D-backs brawled. The benches cleared twice and the teams went at each other after Ian Kennedy threw high and hit Zack Greinke, which resulted in a lot of camera shots of Turner Ward being thrown into a padded Dodger Stadium railing, Mark McGwire roid raging, Don Mattingly throwing Alan Trammell to the ground "like a ragdoll" (according to Mattingly's son), and Yasiel Puig and Ronald Belisario going bonkers.
• Both the NBA Finals and Stanley Cup Finals started and finished. LeBron James and company defeated the Spurs 4-3 as the Heat won their second title in as many years. In the NHL, the Chicago Blackhawks defeated the Boston Bruins 4-2 to win Lord Stanley's Cup for the second time in four years.
• Eric Hinske got DFA'd.
• Aaron Hernandez got arrested for murder and was released by the New England Patriots. (June 26)
• Food Network fired Paula Deen after prior racist remarks became public. (June 21)
• Jay Cutler finally has a ring. Sorry, Bears fans it is only a wedding ring. Cutler married The Hills and Laguna Beach star Kristin Cavallari on June 7th.
• A new generation of kids will grow up with a new meaning to the term "northwest" in thanks to Kim Kardashian and Kayne West. Kardashian gave birth to the couple's child and named the baby girl North West. (June 15)
• James Gandolfini passed away.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.