Updated Jul 4, 2013 - 12:46 am
News between D-backs' SP wins
To mark the end of the winless streak, ArizonaSports.com compiled a list of events that have happened from June 5 to July 3rd.
• Tim Tebow is back in the NFL! Tebow signed with the New England Patriots to back-up Tom Brady. In other words Tebow fans, make plans for pre-season Patriots games or risk never seeing Tebow play.
• The Los Angeles Dodgers and D-backs brawled. The benches cleared twice and the teams went at each other after Ian Kennedy threw high and hit Zack Greinke, which resulted in a lot of camera shots of Turner Ward being thrown into a padded Dodger Stadium railing, Mark McGwire roid raging, Don Mattingly throwing Alan Trammell to the ground "like a ragdoll" (according to Mattingly's son), and Yasiel Puig and Ronald Belisario going bonkers.
• Both the NBA Finals and Stanley Cup Finals started and finished. LeBron James and company defeated the Spurs 4-3 as the Heat won their second title in as many years. In the NHL, the Chicago Blackhawks defeated the Boston Bruins 4-2 to win Lord Stanley's Cup for the second time in four years.
• Eric Hinske got DFA'd.
• Aaron Hernandez got arrested for murder and was released by the New England Patriots. (June 26)
• Food Network fired Paula Deen after prior racist remarks became public. (June 21)
• Jay Cutler finally has a ring. Sorry, Bears fans it is only a wedding ring. Cutler married The Hills and Laguna Beach star Kristin Cavallari on June 7th.
• A new generation of kids will grow up with a new meaning to the term "northwest" in thanks to Kim Kardashian and Kayne West. Kardashian gave birth to the couple's child and named the baby girl North West. (June 15)
• James Gandolfini passed away.
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- D-backs' mystery man David Peralta impresses general manager Kevin Towers
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.