Updated Jul 1, 2013 - 7:52 pm
Diamondbacks, MLB honor fallen Yarnell Hill firefighters
PHOENIX - All baseball teams playing Monday observed a moment of silence to honor the 19 fallen firefighters who died near Prescott, Arizona.
The Arizona Diamondbacks sent their condolences to the families and loved ones of the 19 brave firefighters who died while fighting the Yarnell Hill Fire, which has consumed over 8,300 acres and destroyed about 200 homes so far.
The D-backs also wore black arm bands on the right sleeve of their jerseys Monday and will sport a memorial patch on their uniforms for the rest of the season.
In addition, a jersey bearing the No. 19 and the name "Yarnell" will hang in each dugout during the D-backs-Mets series.
Upon returning home to Phoenix, the Diamondbacks will wear black jerseys with "Arizona" across the front and a white patch bearing No. 19 during their upcoming series with the Colorado Rockies at Chase Field.
Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall said the team would be auctioning off game-worn jerseys from the Rockies series.
A procession for the 19 firefighters who died in the wildfire took place with the bodies of the fallen heroes being transported to Phoenix in white vans.
KTAR's Clayton Klapper contributed to this report.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.